About licences to collect debts

Main rule: Anyone who collects a claim on behalf of someone else or claims that have been taken over for enforced collection must normally hold a licence issued by the Swedish Data Protection Authority.

Exemption from the permission obligation:

  • Collection of one's own claims (own debt recovery)
  • Collection of claims that have arisen within the same group of companies
  • Collection of claims by lawyers or employees of law firms
  • Collection of claims by companies under the supervision of the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (mainly banks, financing companies and insurance companies)

Licence holders

On this page you will find all the holders of a licence issued by the Swedish Data Protection Authority. The list is updated continuously.

The information is presented in the following order:
1. The company's name
2. Corporate identity number (not stated for a sole proprietorship)
3. Location
4. Reference number with the Swedish Data Protection Authority
5. Until what date the licence is valid.

Read the complete list of licence holders (In Swedish)

Swedish version
If the information in other languages are different from the Swedish version, it is the Swedish version that applies.